The 2021 Global Piano Summit is an innovative piano event for a new era of music making and teaching. We have gathered some of the most distinguished names in artist teaching working in the varying fields of the top conservatories, online platforms, and top pre-college studios.
No pianist or teacher can afford to miss this event that seeks to address the crucial musical issues of a post-pandemic world.
Please save the date
March 1—5, 2021
March 1-3, 2021 (Monday--Wednesday) Workshops, Seminars and Q&A Sessions
March 4-5, 2021 (Thursday--Friday) Live Interactive Piano Masterclasses
Robert McDonald, One of the most famous Artist/Teachers in the world. A member of the piano faculty at Juilliard since 1999, McDonald has taught at the Curtis Institute since 2007, where he holds the Penelope P. Watkins Chair in piano studies. During the summer, he is the artistic director of New Mexico’s Taos School of Music and Chamber Music Festival.
The leading Artist Piano teacher of his generation. Concert artist and often serving as jury member at many world famous international piano competitions. He currently serves as artistic director of the New Orleans International Piano Competition and is Professor at the renowned Eastman School of Music.
The leading pioneer of online piano teaching in the world. A person with much to share with musicians of the 21st century, he created his own vibrant YouTube Channel with over 140k followers worldwide. He currently serves on the piano faculty at the University of Utah.
Easily one of the world’s leading pre-college artist teachers. He has maintained highly successful private studios in New York City, Connecticut, and Canada. Many of his students won top prizes at the most important national and international competitions. These students have gone on to pursue serious study at the world’s most prestigious musical institutions, such as the Juilliard School, the Curtis Institute, the Peabody Conservatory, the Yale School of Music, and the Royal Academy of Music in England.
- Workshop, How to Get Started or Improve your Online Teaching, by Josh Wright
- Q&A with Bob McDonald
- Workshop, A Teacher’s Journey, Mapping out the formative years to nurture the mind, body and soul of the student, by Sasha Starcevich
- How Best to Prepare for Auditions and Competitions in the Digital Age, by Steven Spooner and Alan Chow
- Developing your Studio in the 21st Century, by Steven, Mei, and roundtable with guest artist teachers
- Memorizing Your Music Quickly, Efficiently, and Securely, by Steven Spooner
- How to overcome Performance Anxiety, by Mei, and guest artist teachers
Live Interactive Masterclasses with our Masters
Thursday and Friday (Limited Spaces)